[ANNOUNCE] vdr-pvrinput-0.0.1

Hello,

here is a first release of the pvrinput plugin for VDR. It uses a
Hauppauge PVR card (supported by ivtv drivers) as an input device for
VDR. I am using it with driver version 0.2.0rc3j and encoder firmware
2.04.211.

I have written this plugin because I was a bit unhappy about some things
with analogtv. Motivated by a mail from Lars Altenhain on this list I
tried an approach a bit different from the analogtv plugin. The reading
of the PES data an the conversion to TS is done in a thread in the
background without interrupting it on channel switch. The packets are
then read out and delivered to VDR in the GetTSPacket function.

Additionally the plugin reads the teletext data from the vbi device
(/dev/vbi0 is hardcoded at the moment) and converts it to TS packets
that the osdteletext plugin is able to receive. Sometimes one or two
lines are wrong but its working quite good here.

Compared to the analogtv plugin the following is better here with my
configuration (Hauppauge PVR 250, Kernel 2.6, ivtv 0.2.0rc3j):
- Faster channel switching
- no video flickerung after channel switch
- just minimal stuttering in sound after channel switch
- and of course teletext support

Expect problems to get it running in your environment, especially
regardings device configuration :).

You can find it here:
http://home.arcor.de/andreas.regel/files/vdr-pvrinput-0.0.1.tgz

Andreas