Vdr and Parental Lock

syrius.ml@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>>>[...]
>>>I know I may ask too much, but would that allow to group identical
>>>channels (provided by different satellites) under the same user-defined
>>>channel ?
>>
>>I'd say that's a completely different thing and has nothing to do with
>>user defined favorite channels.
>

> grrr again I read too quickly. (i missed the "favorite")
> I thought you were talking about a generic user defined channel list.
> Something that would allow regrouping and to have user-defined
> settings per channel (volume for ex)

You could keep the per channel parental control setting in a separate
configuration file indexed by channel-id. This is more cumbersome but it
is totally independent from main vdr. You can look at the ttxtsubs
plugin and the "premium edition" patch at
http://users.tkk.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/ : the patch stores per-channel
teletext subtitles configuration (the original patch used a std::map
indexed on the sid, in a private branch I changed that to use the
channel-id instead, and then got rid of std::map altogether. The last
step I did --eliminating the map and iterating on all the elements
instead-- maybe was not very wise, but you can get the idea).

Bye
--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -