dvb-ttpci: could not load firmware, file not found: dvb-ttpci-01.fw

anssi.hannula@xxxxxxxxx(Anssi Hannula)  27.05.05 21:44

>Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>> saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem e0a5ca00 (revision 1, irq 177) (0x13c2,0x0000).
>> dvb-ttpci: could not load firmware, file not found: dvb-ttpci-01.fw
>> dvb-ttpci: usually this should be in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
>> dvb-ttpci: and can be downloaded here
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/firmware/

Added the message above: Maybe google will now find this solution now...

>> What is the real meaning of
>> "could not load firmware, file not found:"?

>Check the correct firmware directory with:
>$ grep FIRMWARE_DIR= /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent

>If that file is not present, please install hotplug.

That was the problem.
an "aptitude install hotplug" solved the problem.
Thanks.

I had "hotplug" removed because with it i could not boot
the 2.4.29 kernel anymore with sarge because that oopses.

But maybe the driver can state more clearly what is going on?
The only, minmal "hint" that this may has to do with
"hotplug" is in the path!

Maybe:

> dvb-ttpci: firmware.agent can't load firmware dvb-ttpci-01.fw
> dvb-ttpci: usually it should be in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware and
> dvb-ttpci: can be downloaded from http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/firmware/
> dvb-ttpci: activate hotplug if the file exists and you see this message

It's lengthly, true, but the realtionship is really not obvious
for a non programmer.
Of course it would be better if the dirver could activate the resoruces
it needs by it's own...writing that text is easier ;-)

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //