again a VDR on Epia-M board issue.. maybe another perspective

Hi Steve,

> I'd like to report my success with softdevice on my Eden powered ME6000
> mini-itx mainboard built on Debian.

> I'm using:
> Kernel 2.6.11
> DirectFB-0.9.22
> DFB++-0.9.22
> VDR 1.3.23
> Softdevice-0.1.1
> Streamdev-0.3.3-pre3-geni

> Performance.
> On the whole, great.

Now that sounds interesting!

Which framebuffer driver do you use? From Nicolas and my tests, the
driver from hacker2k has some problems with modes, but works with
DirectFB and softdevice; the viaarena driver provides correct modes, but
does not work with DirectFB (and therefore not with softdevice and vdr).
 In fact, the original driver does not even compile on kernel 2.6.11;
Nicolas provided some patches here, but failed to get it working with
DirectFB.

bye, Michael

--
Michael Reinelt <reinelt@xxxxxxxx>