Section handler thread eating too much cpu

Matthias Schwarzott wrote:

> Now the shoking result for me:
> If i insert a return in cEIT::cEIT before the GetByChannelID the load goes to
> 2%.
> If I add the return in cEIT::cEIT after the GetByChannelID the load stays at
> 46%.
>
> This routine is O(n) and my channels.conf contains 2750 channels.
> Cutting down the channels.conf to contain only Pro7 load of section handler
> thread is 3%.

Wow. Since I have ~5000 lines in channels conf even for channels that
are only transmitting now & next the load goes from around 18% (with the
GetByChannelID) to 2% (without).
Not that I'm a C++ expert (far from it), but maybe using some stl type
(map?) for cChannels could help here?

Bye

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -