Using DVB-C and DVB-T at the same time

Paavo Hartikainen wrote:
> Recently I got DVB-C tuner and it works well.  I already had DVB-T
> tuner and it has been working well for receiving many and many
> gigabytes of content.  They both worked well alone with Linux 2.6.11.7
> drivers but when I installed both, only DVB-C tuner is used for
> receiving.  I added current channels ("SVDRP NEWC <channel
> parameters>") used in old DVB-T server but no content is received when
> tuning to those channels.

Is the frontend0 devfile present for both cards?
(/dev/dvb/adapter[01]/frontend0).

You could also manually check&edit channels.conf.

BTW, is there any todo or patch for declaring channel aliases (maybe
with priorities, since one source might have much better bitrate, like
DVB-S compared to DVB-T here in Finland). It would be useful when you
have e.g. a same channel from three different sources (C, S, T) and want
to automatically use the one available. Then, though, finding free
tuners for starting recordings would be more complex, since you may need
to switch the liveview of aliased channel to another card if user wants
to record a channel only present in one source.

--
Anssi Hannula