VDR/text2skin/DeepBlue: dsyslog() eats all my CPU time

>> Not every syslog daemon does this. I had the same problem, I removed
>> the dsyslog line in osd.c and now it works.

> Which is only curing the symptoms... ;-)

Exactly. Which makes me unhappy.

At the moment, I have the line commented, too, and it works. But I still
notice some peaks in CPU load especially when moving in the "Channels" menu.

It has something to do with the channel logos from the DeepBlue skin. If
I hide (rename) the logo directory, the peak isn't there.

I can't think that the displaying of a small (60x40 or so) logo should
call the ColorIndex function about 120.000 times :-)

I tried to change the return value 0 (zero) of the function to 1 and -1,
in the case of 1 it should display another color. But I can see no
difference!!

Unfortunately, my knowledge of C++ is very poor, it's a pain for me to
understand the code, especially the inheritances.

Maybe the Text2Skin plugin does a complete rebuild of the image cache
where it should not? Builds indexed versions of images wich are never used?

Is the author of the text2skin plugin listening? Any ideas?

btw, what's the exact meaning of the setup option "image cache size"
from the text2skin plugin? Is this value (default: 25) meant as kB? MB?
Number of images?

Maybe there's something like "cache trashing" occuring?

TIA, Michael

--
Michael Reinelt <reinelt@xxxxxxxx>
http://home.pages.at/reinelt