VDR/text2skin/DeepBlue: dsyslog() eats all my CPU time

Hi there,

I recently installed the text2skin plugin and the DeepBlue skin with
VDR-1.3.24. Everything works fine (and look s cool!), but I noticed that
from time to time something eats up all my CPU time (I'm on a diskless
EPIA-M6000,  where CPU cycles are valuably), especially in the
"Channels" list. CPU usage goes up to 100% for one or two seconds (I can
observe this on my built-in LCD display running lcd4linux), afterwards
everything is fine again. The problem is that during this period the
remote control is somewhat jerky...

Today I found out that it's a syslog message from osd.c "too many
different colors used in palette", which arises a several thousand times
(I've seen a "last message repeated 119327 times").

While the real reason may be found in the text2skin plugin, I think this
syslog message should be somehow suppressed if repeated very often.

Any ideas?

bye, Michael

--
Michael Reinelt <reinelt@xxxxxxxx>