Vdr ignoring lirc (always wanting to set keyboard keys up)

Sorry I don't know what top-posting is so if I am doing it again I
apologise. Anyway I didn't use apt-get to get the source or anything
debian specific, I just downloaded the source of the vdr homepage and
compiled it the normal way. I think there is somthing wrong with the
debian package because after compiling it myself it worked fine no
problems.

Thanks