VDR not removing recordings

Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx(Klaus Schmidinger)  06.05.05 10:41

>Removing deleted recordings works just fine for me, as does
>automatic deleting/removing in case thedisk runs full while
>recording. I've never had any problem like the ones described here.

>Maybe it's a problem with some patches or plugins?
>I use plain vanilla VDR.

This happens VERY seldom. Maybe one in 6 weeks or less.
And as i know your system, it never touches "100% full"
often. The "non-deletion" seems to occur when the disk 100% full.
But OK, the question is:
How could teh disk become 100% full when there are .del directries?

Maybe i noticed the low disk condition and deleted some recording?
or maybe meanwhile the keep time expired?

Currently i have a little bit too many times programmed
(or keep time ist too long) so i often have to delete manually
and VDR is very often at 100% or 100%-1GB.
Maybe i can now force the problem.

A (red?)display "No free disk,\n recording stopped" would be helpful,
instead of the "low disk" display, when the disk has nothing free.

Too sometimes i record with 3 or four cards.
That maybe fills up the disk faster than that crappy "ext3"
can delete file? :-(
(I was really surpried how long it take to delete 1GB file.
What is ext3 doing there? Maybe i should use XFS? Or JFS?)

I don't know which of the few plugins i should blame.
Maybe the Teletext because it is writing on the same disc,
so it fills faster than VDR expectes?

Then i have "femon" and "undelete". That's all.
Not very impressive dangerous plugins IMHO

A, VDR is still running as "root".
So it's possible to write more than 100% to the disc.
Maybe that's the problem and VDR/linux needs a tiny bit free?

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //