DXR3 WSS patch

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 13:24 +0100, Stuart Morris wrote:
> Hello
> For those that are not aware, Seppo Ingalsuo's
> em8300-adv7170-wss  (Wide Screen Signaling) patch
> works only with DXR3 cards with the ADV7170 TV encoder
> device to produce the line23 WSS signal for PAL TV.
> For those of us unfortunate enough to have a DXR3 card
> with a BT865 TV encoder chip, the WSS patch will not
> work because the BT865 is incapable of producing
> line23 WSS for PAL TV (Google "bt864a/bt865a errata").
> I would like to ask the DXR3 plugin developers if an
> alternative could be devised whereby for BT865 DXR3
> cards some general purpose hardware pin could be
> toggled between 12Volts(4:3) and 6Volts(16:9) to
> emulate a pin8 Peritel/SCART wide screen signal?

I think this is something for the em8300 driver, and not the VDR DXR3
plugin per se; the DXR3 plugin part is hardware agnostic.  There was
some discussion on the dxr3-devel (ie. the driver) mailing list about
the current WSS patch some time ago.  It hasn't been applied because of
the reasons you stated above.  I suggest asking for help on the dxr3-
devel mailing list.

> Many thanks to all of the DXR3-plugin and EM8300
> driver developers. The driver and plugin have recently
> improved dramatically.
> Special thanks to Ville Skytt? for providing the very
> useful "Unofficial Hollywood+/DXR3 patches and CVS
> snapshots".

Thanks.  Luckily, that page will soon no longer be needed, as most of
the stuff has already been applied in the respective upstream
repositories and there will be real new releases of both of them in the
near future.