1.3.15: VDSB errors when recording

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Luca Olivetti wrote:

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>
>> Do the VSDB errors happen with the skystar2 card? If so, it's is a known
>> problem, but unfortunately not entirely solved yet.
>>
>> The problem is, that suddenly no interrupts are created anymore. The only
>> solution (but a very rude one) is to reset the flexcop-chip by reloading
>> the drivers.
>
> When does this problem happen? I'm asking because I have a skystar 2 and a
> pretty old driver (checked out about a year ago) and only have this problem
> after heavy (or not so heavy) zapping, and it's cured by reloading the
> driver. I never experienced this problem if staying on the same channel, even
> for many hours.

In both cases the problem happens: One user reports no irqs occure during
a recording. I saw it dying during vdr's pidscan in the background.

Problem is, not all systems are affected: It's not limited to
- a specific revision of the card
- a specific version of the flexcop (II and IIb)
- if IRQ is shared with another device or not
- mainboard chipset in use

Just for testing, please try a recent dvb-kernel. Maybe your problem have
nothing to do with this problem. (TM) :)

regards
Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx