cBitmap::Dirty isn't working

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>
>>> I've also noticed that the xine plugin doesn't bother to copy only
>>> the changed areas, it copies the whole bitmaps in each Flush, I
>>> didn't check softdevice.
>>

>> Which version of vdr-xine did you check?
>

> 0.7.2
>
>> vdr-xine uses the dirty area for quite a long time.
>

> You're (obviusly ;-) right, I misinterpreted the unconditional call to
> SendWindow as a full bitmap copy, while the check for Dirty is made
> inside SendWindow. I'll have to investigate more where the problem comes
> from.

Well, /me doesn't understand :-(
After forcing the femon plugin to use 3 areas (with xine it would use
just one covering the entire screen), I can see that if I use xine I get
the correct values in Dirty (21 for "Transponder information", 17 for
"Stream information" and 21 right before clearing the title) while with
the dxr3 I don't (get the last 21).
Since both xine osd and dxr3 osd take the drawing methods straight from
cOsd[*] I'm really lost seeing the different results.

[*] I saw that you redefined them then called the base one like, e.g.:

   eOsdError cXineOsd::SetAreas(const tArea *Areas, int NumAreas)
   {
     cMutexLock osdLock(&m_osdMutex);
     return cOsd::SetAreas(Areas, NumAreas);
   }

I tried doing the same to see if using the mutex made the difference but
it didn't.

Bye
--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -