ProSiebenSat1 HDTV, aynone?

Carsten Koch wrote:
> Joerg Knitter wrote:
>> How should this work? This would require the HDTV signal to be
>> downscaled to 720x576 and reencoded to MPEG1 or MPEG2 with 16:9 flag.
>
> I do not know how hard it might be to actually replay
> such a stream properly on a FF card, but why should it
> be impossible to record the stream with a FF card?
> And why does it have to crash?

I thought you spoke about replaying. Recording must be possible (and
some agreed to this), but playing back can?t be possible for sure unless
you really downscale it.

Streaming boxes with certain Sigma chips etc. are great, but streamdev
is in heavy development (at least I hope so regarding to all those
patches to get it run) and unfortunately does not support UPnP - because
this combined with real-time transcoding (like Nero Digital Home does
this on Windows) would be a really great solution.

Joerg