VDR automatic channel update and recording annoyance.

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:53:58 +0300
Timo Laitinen <timolai@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:03:09 +0300
> Rantanen Teemu <teemu.rantanen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I changed the PMT_SCAN_TIMEOUT to 1. Now the delay is gone, and
> > event change and possible PID change happen at the same second
> > (based on syslog). My next recording from that broadcaster is only
> > next Saturday (that I know of having a gap every time), but based on
> > the syslog now and before I guess this would help.
>
> Thanks for the tip, I'll try that too! BTW, I get the gap during every
> YLE language change (IIRC), even during live-tv... so at least testing
> is simple :-)

I've tried this now, but not very successfully. The live-tv has still a
gap, and the syslog gap is there too. In the recording, there is no gap
(or a very short gap), but a bit of the stream is clearly missing. I
didn't try with the timeout set to 0, though.

Then, as Klaus suggested, I started to play with cChannels::SetPids(),
and removed the ALang and DLang comparisons from the "modified"
definition, i.e.,

  modified = IntArraysDiffer(apids, Apids) ||
             IntArraysDiffer(dpids,Dpids);

This works fine, at least for the few tests I did. For programs with
multiple languages (e.g., Euronews, some sports programs), and after
such programs, the pid modify still stands, and a gap appears.

Now, the question is: is there any harm in making it this way? And what
would happen to multi-language program recordings, if the test was
removed completely? I also have no idea what the dpid stands for...

Timo