HDTV -> mpeg4

Gr?goire Favre wrote:

> http://doom9.net/
>
> I haven't read anything right now : it is possible to encode with mpeg-4
> AVC/H.264 High on a linux amd64 (without emuling 32 bits) right now ?
>
> Thank you very much for the tips !!!

Hi,

just to mention: I have tested Nero Digital AVC and Cyberlink
AVC/Moonlight AVC encoder, and there is a huge difference. While
Cyberlink AVC just reaches DivX 6 quality, Nero Digital AVC/Ateme AVC is
way beyond.
So before judging quality of AVC, try different codecs!

And furthermore: Nero Digital AVC could not be played back on linux/win
  due to some missing features in ffmpeg - the only player is/was Nero
ShowTime on Windows. Don?t know if the missing features already have
been implemented in the last weeks, but players like vlc still can?t
cope with encodings where all of the Nero Digital features have been
enabled.

With kind regards

Joerg