Any progress on an XBMC frontend to VDR?

Le jeudi 24 mars 2005 ? 08:32 +1000, Michal Dobrzynski a ?crit :

> One of the biggest problems is that the users of my HTPC don't want VDR
> as it's too complicated and unreliable. 99.9% of this is due to the
> hardware and not VDR itself though so I bear no ill-will to VDR.

??? I'm using vdr-xine so running the tv is:

	- in the Applications menu choose sound and video:xine
	- on the xine control bar click on the vdr button = live TV
	- once xine is running either use onscreen menu or just zap around...

>From any PC on the LAN vdradmin lets you see about two weeks TV
schedule, administer recordings, schedule recordings...

> I've already spent thousands on the HTPC and the Xbox could have
> provided the most expensive components for under $200AUS and done a
> much better job.

I have specs for a new HTPC and all the bits cost around 650? (with DVD-
RW and a 200Gb HD). Secondary HTPC for just watching are around 490?
with DVD reader. Too expensive I know but aluminium HTPC cases are way
over priced and this uses a slim DVD which is twice as expensive as
ordinary 5.25".

Cheers
Tony