Any progress on an XBMC frontend to VDR?

> Yes buy a Tivo. Xbox + Tivo cover your needs.
>
> You have gone about making your HTPC in the wrong way. I understand
> your
> rant. I would have liked you to say "I screwed up" to make it more
> digestible. My HTPC rocks. Thanks to all behind VDR for that.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony

Like I said. I have no beef with VDR or the way it works.

Tivo does not do Digital TV AFAIK. (At least not the Australian
standard).

What other way could I have gone about making a HTPC? I've looked at
available solutions and it seems regardless of the money I would be
willing to spend nothing exists which would meet my needs unless I were
to finance development of a new product.

One of the biggest problems is that the users of my HTPC don't want VDR
as it's too complicated and unreliable. 99.9% of this is due to the
hardware and not VDR itself though so I bear no ill-will to VDR.

I've already spent thousands on the HTPC and the Xbox could have
provided the most expensive components for under $200AUS and done a
much better job.

Regards,
Michal