[SOLVED] No sound with VLC and streamdev

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> current CVS version of streamdev contains a new remuxer, which is an external
> program. Together with the replex tool from http://www.metzlerbros.de/dvb it
> seems to be possible to have sound with VLC (not tested by myself, but a
> colleague).
>
> Again, here is the cvs repo:
> cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/var/cvsroot login
> cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/var/cvsroot co streamdev
>
> Be aware that things like the client menu may or may not work. The server part
> seems to work good, at least in HTTP mode. The content in the cvs is designed
> to work with current VDRs (at least 1.3.18, I guess). I am using 1.3.22 so
> far.
>
> Currently, it is not configurable how the script is called, it must be called
> "/root/externremux.sh". It must be something that takes TS on stdin and
> delivers "anything playable" on stdout. With the replex tool the script looks
> like this:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/bin/replex -t DVD
>
> You can access a stream involving the external remuxer with an URL like this:

Are there any other remuxers that you have tested this with? vdrsync-1.3? The
new Extern remuxer method works with replex, but the A/V sync is off.  Also,
when I try to use streamdev's internal remuxer, the sound is then missing. I
heard that mplayer has a new remuxer that may work.. perhaps that it is possible
to call mplayer or vlc in externremux.sh as the remuxer.

Best Regards,