Help: Twinhan VP-1022a

Am Dienstag, 22. M?rz 2005 19:42 schrieb Andrey Vlassov:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a help with Twinhan Vision Plus 1022a DVB card. Upto this
> moment I didn't had any luck with this board.
[...]
> I was looking on internet for information how this card can be configured
> in Linux. So far I found that the card will hang the system with standard
> 878 driver (and it does with knoppix 3.3 -- knoppix 3.7 can not boot on my
> computer by some unknown reason). As I understood to make this card work it
> will require to patch kernel driver for 878 chip driver.

I'm using a Twinhan VisionPlus 1020 card. Unfortunately, this card seems to
use the same device numbers than some analog cards do, and the driver Knoppix
loads will hang the system.

I figured out that I have to load the bttv module with these options:
i2c_hw=1 card=0x71

I have no idea on how to do this with Knoppix, but on Gentoo I created a file
"/etc/modules.d/bttv" and put the following in it:
options bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
Then run modules-update.

On Fedora, you might want to try to modprobe bttv like this:
modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71

Hope this helps,
  Robert