[feature-request] dvd-plugin: support for DTS audio

Hi Marko, hi list,

Marko Myllymaa wrote:

> Dvd plugin plays dts-sound at least on my setup. Which is vdr-1.3.19 + dvd
> 0.3.6_b02. And I have Fujitsu-Siemens full featured dvb-c card.
>
> I have connected the vdr box to amplifier (pioneer vsx-808) with coaxial
> cable from dvb card. Some times I've noticed that amplifier shows DD sound
> at the beginning of the movie, but then it changes to dts at some point.

Good to hear, that digital passthrough works with the dvd plugin. But
that's not what I had in mind. I don't have a digital-suround amplifier
but a good old analogue stereo one. So I have connected the my DVB-s's
line out to it. If I want to play a dvd with only DTS audio (e.g. a
Eagles Music-DVD, I had lent from a friend some weeks ago), I don't get
any audio with vdr/dvd-plugin as it is unable to decode the sound
(without libdts-support). That's why I wrote this feature request.

CU/all
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@xxxxxxxxxx | http://www.errror.org
dpkg: Warnung - altes pre-removal-Skript wurde beendet mit Fehler-Status 1