bitstreamout 0.70 and vdr 1.3.22

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 04:52:22PM +0100, Roland Praml wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>
> >> The recording should be OK because mplayer can decode the AC3
> >> stream. Live-ac3 and replaying of older recordings does work, too.
> >
> > Q: Does the recording include AC3, that means that the
> > setup should be configured with UseDolbyDigital = `yes'.
>
> yes the recording contains AC3:
> mplayer can replay the file with ac3
> vdr -a 'ac3dec -P' can replay it, too
>
> I've figured out if I replay the file with vdr, the bso(replay) thread
> doesn't start with newer recordings

And you have choosen the AC3 audio track during replay the
recording with the green button?  I've this question because
this is the first report of that kind.

> AC3 replay is done then over the spdif of the dvb-card but my receiver
> doesn't support the strange bitformat (AC3 frames wrapped in PCM)

The bitformat over the dvb-card is exactly the same as in the bso
plugin.  The only difference is that the bso plugin force the
sound card to set the nonlinear status bit in the S/P-DIF
transport layer.  This can not be done in the firmware of the
dvb-card.  Also the S/P-DIF transport layer is not identical with
the PCM stream its self, e.g. for every PCM word (16bit, 20bit,
24bit) a 32bit word in the S/P-DIF transport layer is used.

       Werner