vdr-1.3.22: channel not available. why?

On Sunday 13 March 2005 12:56, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> > After I've upgraded to vdr-1.3.22 I've had problems with "channel not
> > available", when there is any timer recording.
> >
> > I have one full card and two budgets, all of which are DVB-C, and can
> > (in theory) receive the same channels. Actually (of course) only the
> > full card can receive encrypted channels.
> >
> > One example was yesterday. There was a timer on channel 5 (not encrypted
> > = can be received on cards 1-3). This timer started on device 1 (full
> > card). When the timer was recording VDR kept saying "channel not
> > available" every time I tried to view encrypted channel.
> >
> > The timer was started on a full device, which isn't a good idea as all
> > the budget cards too can receive the channel. But even after the timer
> > was running on a full card, I have thought VDR would swap the timer to
> > another card, if the full card was needed for a channel it only could
> > provide. This did not happen now. Why not?
[...]
> As to why the recording started on the primary device, while there
> were budget cards free at the time, I guess you'll need to do some
> debugging in cDvbDevice::ProvidesChannel(). Here on my system recordings
> only use the primary device if all others are already in use.

I can confirm this bug. I have the same setup with two DVB-S cards, and it
also happened here in the past with vdr-1.3.x

If I have two timers for 20:15 I have to ensure that the timer for the full
featured card starts before the timer of the budget card.

Could it be that my (and Rantanen's) vdr is configured such that the
full featured is not the primary card?

I for myself did not change the primary card setting, as I cannot say without
reading logfiles which card number the FF is.

Kind regards,
Stefan