vdr-1.3.22: channel not available. why?

Rantanen Teemu wrote:
> After I've upgraded to vdr-1.3.22 I've had problems with "channel not
> available", when there is any timer recording.
>
> I have one full card and two budgets, all of which are DVB-C, and can
> (in theory) receive the same channels. Actually (of course) only the
> full card can receive encrypted channels.
>
> One example was yesterday. There was a timer on channel 5 (not encrypted
> = can be received on cards 1-3). This timer started on device 1 (full
> card). When the timer was recording VDR kept saying "channel not
> available" every time I tried to view encrypted channel.
>
> The timer was started on a full device, which isn't a good idea as all
> the budget cards too can receive the channel. But even after the timer
> was running on a full card, I have thought VDR would swap the timer to
> another card, if the full card was needed for a channel it only could
> provide. This did not happen now. Why not?

Because that "shifting" is not active (see cDevice::CanShift()).
It's way too complex, so I'm thinking of completey dropping that code,
anyway.

As to why the recording started on the primary device, while there
were budget cards free at the time, I guess you'll need to do some
debugging in cDvbDevice::ProvidesChannel(). Here on my system recordings
only use the primary device if all others are already in use.

Klaus