DXR3, which versions to select?

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:11:39 +0200
Jukka Tastula <jukka.tastula@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 09:06, Ville Skytt? wrote:
> > The most glaring DXR3 plugin problems I'm aware of are:
>
> - DVB subtitles keep losing sync. Setting a delay of 3 seconds appears
> to  be pretty accurate but it'll drift out in an hour or two. Annoying
> as  hell. Also subtitles in recordings go out of sync when fast
> forwarding or  rewinding.  With the automatic timing thing the
> subtitles will just flash  on the screen for about 0.01 seconds and
> disappear.
>
> Doesn't anyone else get this or is it thought of as a minor irritation
> not  worth mentioning?

With live tv it works ok for me (I don't remember what settings I have,
though), but when watching recordings, the text appears usually several
seconds too early (been too lazy to report this earlier, sorry...).

On the subject of subtitles, I've noticed that, at least with movies
from TV2 in Finland, the subtitles appear about 0.4-1 seconds too early
(I have to shift it before putting it to DVD). For some reason, this is
not needed with the 30-minute Maxwell Smart episodes, though...

Timo