DXR3, which versions to select?

Ville Skytt? <ville.skytta@xxxxxx> writes:

>> - I know http://cachalot.mine.nu/src/dxr3/ but don't know really are
>>   those with OSD or not, filenames says 'cvs something'
>
> D'oh, the dir had a few README files, but Apache was "smart" enough to
> hide them from the listing.  Fixed now.  Anyway, see
> http://cachalot.mine.nu/src/dxr3/vdr-dxr3.README

Fine work, thanks! However, you don't mentition compatible vdr
version. I suppose you know at least one VDR version your packages
compile & work, right? :-)

>> IMHO, http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Dxr3-plugin would be
>> right place to answer this question.
>
> When you know the answer, go ahead and add it :)

Ok, maybe direct answer is too much to ask, but some brief summary of
working combinations and known problems might not be too much to ask?
Something like:

-  dxr3-0.2.3-preX works/compiles with vdr 1.X.Z-1.X.Y
-  with dxr3-0.2.3-preX feature Y does not work

Unfortunately I don't know enough to add such things. Writing down my
knowledge would result something like 'DXR3 has problems with
everything, and setting it up can be painful'. Well, maybe not that
bad, but something like that is impression you get when reading
mailing list...

I at least put there that 'no OSD' issue.

--
M. Tavasti /  tavasti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  /   +358-40-5078254