lirc problems with VDR 1.3 under kernel 2.6.

Dirk wrote:
>>is anybody else experiencing sluggish response to remote control commands?
>>It started when I updated to kernel 2.6 and VDR 1.3.
>

> Yes, same for me.
> But I am observing that remote control key presses are never lost.
> Sometimes I press several keys in sequence and nothing happens. After some
> seconds, the keys are "executed" very quickly.

Yes, you are right.
Of course, for a toggle key like "Menu" it is sometimes hard to say,
but I agree - it looks like they are never lost, just delayed sometimes
an the executed all at once.

> I think, there must be some instance inside VDR which "caches" the remote
> key strokes in some kind of queue.

It may be the lirc demon which is buffering them and vdr may just
not get around to reading the lirc queue all the time.

@Klaus, is that possible?
Any suggestion where I should start looking?

Carsten.