Replay with NFS and 54 MBit WLAN is jerky

Emil Naepflein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to vdr 1.3.22 and discovered that there are still
> problems with playback over NFS and 54 MBit WLAN.

I hate to say that, but it works fine here, both on the wired lan (my
vdr machine is diskless) and on the wireless lan (replaying on a laptop
with the xine plugin, either with an nfs mounted directory or live video
through streamdev).
I have various patches applied, but none of them modifies
receiver/player/etc., maybe the combined dvb/ttx subs patch, but I doubt
it helps for this matter.
Both machines are running a stock mandrake kernel (2.6.3-7mdk on the nfs
server, 2.6.8.1-24mdk on the client), both have an atheros based 11g
card using the madwifi driver (different cvs versions on the server and
client), the server is configured as an access point.

Bye
--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -