Replay with NFS and 54 MBit WLAN is jerky

Hi,

I just upgraded to vdr 1.3.22 and discovered that there are still
problems with playback over NFS and 54 MBit WLAN.

When I read the the video files with dd and 8kB blocksize I get a data
rate of about 1200 kB/s, and this should be sufficient to playback any
recording.

It seems that vdr doesn't fill used buffer aggressively enough. The file
reader should keep the buffer at the top limit so that dvbplayer always
has enough data available. When I stop playback I get the info that 0 %
of the buffer was used.

I also increased various buffer sizes like PLAYERBUFSIZE to 8 MB, but
this didn't help this time. In 1.2 this solved any problems most of the
time.

I activated DEBUGRINGBUFFERS and set logging to 3 but I don't get any
output.

Any ideas?

Emil