vdr-1.3.21: video data stream broken

vshved@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Vladimir Shved)  15.02.05 10:47

>I think this bug only can be reproduced if you are using 4x1 diseqc
>switches.
>I have exact same problem on my setup

To be exact: You have the same error messages ;-)

>and I traced it out to diseqc switches.
>Every time one of your cards switches one switch
>while other card is recording, the diseqc signal goes around LNB to
>another diseqc switch and moves its position too, and other card,
>which is recording, loses signal and you get VDSB.

That sounds like the problem i have with my "single LNB"
environment: If i enabled EPG scan, after an hour the
Video stream breaks.

>I don't have scope but I've put the cards in different machines
>and if I set one of the machines to record while I'm flipping channels
>on second machine, the first one would got VDSB

>or if I'm not recording, I'd just lose signal
>on first machine.

>If I use only one, either machine, at the time,
>stuff works without any problems.

>In my opinion, the only way to resolve this is to get
>diseqc-multiswitch.

So only users with diseqc enabled have that problem?

>Another possibility is your hardware setup, i.e. one or all of your
>Nexus cards are using bad PCI slots or sharing IRQ with very
>incompatible devices. Try moving cards to different PCI slots to
>resolve IRQ issues.

And why he didn't had/don't have the problem with 1.3.17?
Was diseqc handling introduced with 1.3.18ff?

>> hm, but with same environment, vdr-1.3.17 (with nearly all plugins
>> enabled)
>> everything works?! Is this error introduced with > 1.3.17 ?
>>> The easiest workaround is to disable the EPG scan in the EPG setup
>>> menu. Search the mailing list for details.
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //