RE: my support in utrace.

> Jeff Dike expressed interest in doing it, but I don't think he has done
> any of the regset work.  What's there now (in utrace-tracehook-um.patch)
> is just the tracehook branch part of the work, which is enough simply to
> get UML to compile and work again with CONFIG_UTRACE=n (and hence, no
> ptrace).

Correct.

And I welcome anyone doing the UML utrace work :-)  I'll be happy to provide
whatever help is needed.

> UML is different from a normal port, because it is not an architecture
> itself, but is a different variant port of each other architecture.  The
> regset details are already chosen for each arch, and just need to be
> implemented compatibly in the UML context.

UML is its own architecture.  It is definitely not a variant of the
underlying arch.  Probably 90% is the same on all arches, as they all have
the same system call interface.  The remaining part is the architecture
stuff which shows through, like the register set (which ptrace/utrace has to
deal with more than the other subsystems).

				Jeff