Re: Fixing su + runuser vulnerability CVE-2016-2779

On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 04:48:56PM +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 03/10/16 16:04, Karel Zak wrote:

> >> I have applied patch based on libseccomp syscall filter:
> >>
> >>    https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux/commit/8e4925016875c6a4f2ab4f833ba66f0fc57396a2
> >>
> >> it works as expected, but IMHO it's workaround for our stupid kernel...
> >
> >  Reverted. We need something else, something better.
> >
> >  I'll try to play su/runuser pty container to fix this issue, it seems
> >  sudo also support this use-case by use_pty flag.
>
> I was wondering would the secomp solution be (more) appropriate for runcon(1),
> since that's selinux specific?

For me seccomp is ugly solution, because it does not resolve the core
of the issue. It's extra barrier and nothing more. It's the same like
ignore security bugs in network daemons, because you have iptables...

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com