Re: tty[1-6]: colors a negative accessibility/usability trend

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 04:35:33AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2015 10:10, Karel Zak wrote:
> >  What we want to duplicate? What exactly in lib/colors.c is duplicate?
> >  The code evaluates filenames and parses files with "name colorcode".
>
> whether the terminal even supports color in the first place.  if i picked a
> terminal that doesn't support color so i didn't have to worry about it, it's a
> bit crazy i also have to go to multiple config files and also tell them i don't
> want color otherwise i get corrupted output.

For now it checks isatty() and nothing else, it would be possible to
check number of supported colors in terminfo too, or is there any
other way?

Anyway, we don't want to create (duplicate) any database, all it
provides are knobs for customization and enable/disable.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com