Re: swapon feature additions

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 03:40:56PM -0400, Dave Reisner wrote:
> 1) Introduce optional libmount support. This involves first refactoring
> reading of /etc/fstab to remove the duplicated code and use callbacks
> instead. Breaking out the functionality into libmount-powered and
> non-libmount-powered code is then much cleaner.

 I'd like to move all swapon(8) functionality to libmount and replace
 the whole swapon(8) by a small libmount based util. Unfortunately,
 swapon/swapoff support in libmount is not implemented yet.

> 2) Teach swapon/swapoff to only look at files or partitions. The use
> case in mind is specifically for unswapping only files at shutdown, as
> partitions can remain mounted without harm.

 This is probably more important, it would be nice to have

    swapoff --all --files-only

> Does this seem reasonable? Is this functionality wanted? Anything else I
> should be aware of?

 Yes, my suggestion is to start with 2) :-)

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com