Re: [git pull] hwclock fixes

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:42:46AM +0200, Sami Kerola wrote:
> are available in the git repository at:
>   https://github.com/kerolasa/lelux-utiliteetit hwclock
>
>       hwclock: remove clock-ppc.c

OK

>       hwclock: remove misleading information

OK

>       hwclock: coding style clean up

OK

>       hwclock: include-what-you-use header check

 Hmm.. I see something completely different in the patch:

    Showing 5 changed files with 171 additions and 216 deletions.

 it seems like "use libc error facilities".

>       hwclock: move path definitions to pathnames.h

OK

>       hwclock: remove inb & outb functions

Are you really sure? I think it depends on the header files, for
example it seems GNU Hurd reads information from cmos

http://www.spinics.net/lists/util-linux-ng/msg04179.html

and we already talked about it:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/util-linux-ng/index.html#04673

>       hwclock: fix compiler warnings

This is wrong for __alpha__ code where the variables are used.

Move the comment before the function and the begin of the function to
the #ifndef __alpha_ block, then you can use __unused__ for non-aplha
only.

>       hwclock: remove goto statement

OK

>       hwclock: add variable initialization

Good catch.

>       hwclock: move long options away from global scope

But the enum {} does not have to be in the main().

>       hwclock: validate numeric option arguments

OK

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>