Re: wrong raw blkid hfs uuid's

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:52:57AM +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:
> If you want, I can create an image to test, along with the output of
> the native tools, which will show the MD5'd uuid?

 Yes, please. I'd like to collect maximal number of images for
 regression tests.

 BTW, how kernel guys test in-kernel FS code? ... or:

   "Regression testing"? What's that? If it compiles,
   it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect.

 ;-)

> >> We should fix that. Want a patch for that, which includes a copy of md5:
> >>   http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=blob;f=extras/volume_id/lib/md5.c;hb=HEAD
> >> or do you possibly want to link against an external library?
> >
> >  The util-linux-ng package already includes MD5 code (lib/md5.c), so
> >  we can start with this local copy. (Although for example RH is
> >  working on crypto stuff consolidation, so wee will see...)
>
> Sounds good. I don't really mind to link against a crypto lib in
> general - while it may still a bit scary for tools like mount to have

 I have the same point of view.

> too many dependencies.  Mount may be essential in a rescue case, if
> something goes really wrong. For a start, we can use the in-tree copy
> of MD5 as a start, I guess?

 Yes, I agree. The in-tree copy is good enough for now.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>