shutdown in DEPRECATED?

hello

i stumbled upon the file DEPRECATED in the main directory. it lists two
tools that are also available in other packages, which aren't mandatory
and not explicitly needed on my small system, though. the both are
newgrp and shutdown. shutdown shall not be in use by anybody. this
isn't true. i'm using it together with the login utils and want to use
it in future. please take the both tools from the list of deprecated
tools. the login-utils folder should not draw dependencies to foreign
packages but stay fully functional on its own, from my point of view.

many thanks,
dennis heuer