Re: [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.13-rc1

>You may be thinking of config.site

>(I don't know of a config.make file, and the autoconf manual doesn't
>mention it.)

"config.make" is my way of referring to the alternative to autotools where
there is a user-specific file, often called config.make, and the
distributed make file does a "include config.make".  I had the impression
the OP meant to compare that strategy to the autotools strategy even
though what he literally said is that with autotools you can't have a
"config file."

Though I haven't heard of config.site before now, I've made plenty of use
of the "configuration file" concept with autotools by packaging with the
source code an ordinary shell script that runs 'configure' with my local
set of options and environment variables.  I thought it was meant to be
used that way.

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe util-linux-ng" in