Rural America's Unlimited Opportunity

Title: Rural America's Unlimited Opportunity

You are subscribed to USDA Office of Communications.

Please see below for op-ed placed in The Tennessean by Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack:

Rural America's Unlimited Opportunity
Every day, rural America provides tremendous benefits for all of us – including folks in cities like Nashville.

Our farmers and ranchers provide an abundant and safe food supply that keeps costs for all Americans low at the grocery store. Rural conservation efforts provide clean water to our cities. Rural innovation has given us clean-burning fuel that also brings down prices at the pump. These are just a few examples.

Today in Nashville, I’ll thank members of the American Farm Bureau Federation for their many contributions to our nation when I visit with them at the Farm Bureau’s annual meeting. But I’m also going to discuss with our agriculture leaders a future of unlimited opportunity for rural America. I’m going to ask for their help to build new partnerships, and encourage new understanding among all Americans of the importance of our rural areas.

Amazing new innovation is going on today across rural America. New research has broadened our understanding of how to make advanced new biofuels from crops and plant products. We are learning more about amazing new wood-based fibers, providing everything from building materials to body armor. Our scientists are discovering groundbreaking medical benefits associated with many homegrown products....View Full Op-ed Here

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]