New USDA TV Actualities December 19, 2012: Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack On 2012 And Looking Ahead

Title: New USDA TV Actualities December 19, 2012: Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack On 2012 And Looking Ahead

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Secretary Vilsack On 2012 And Looking Ahead

 New actualities are is available on the USDA FTP site. The new actualities can also be seen on USDA's YouTube channel and seen and downloaded as a video podcast

YouTubevilsack year ender

video podcast: vilsack year ender iTunes

RSS Page: vilsack year ender RSS

FTP Download instructions:

 The host: ftp://ocbmtcmedia.download.akamai.com/23747/TV Features

   User name: usdanews

Password:  Newscontent1

Filename for TV Feature: vilsack year ender

 The new file is in QuickTime Movie (H.264 )

    Please email bob.ellison@xxxxxxxx if you have problems or suggestions.

Also, use this free ftp client if you have problems.

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type+client

ACTUALITIES – Secretary Vilsack On 2012 And Looking Ahead

INFO:  Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack looks back at the accomplishments and challenges of 2012 and looks ahead to opportunities in 2013. (Taped December 18, 2012)

1-Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says agriculture responded well to the drought in 2012. (:13)

The enormous productivity of American agriculture in the face of the most severe drought we’ve seen since the 1930’s. And part of the reason why we were able to be successful was because of the research and the technology that agriculture has embraced.

2- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says USDA helped producers get necessary operating capital in 2012. (:16)

We are in the business of making sure that people can farm, and part of that is making sure that they have access to credit. Thirty two thousand producers across the United States received help from USDA in the form of credit, many of them beginning farmers and socially disadvantaged farmers, so I am very proud of that.

3- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says local and regional food systems grew in 2012. (:15)

We announced a series of grants, a hundred and thirty one projects and forty one states received nearly nine million dollars of funding to expand things like farmers markets, community supported agriculture, food hubs, and we’ve seen a dramatic increase in that local and regional food system.

4- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says rural development programs accomplished a great deal in 2012. (:26)

Despite the challenges of our budget, still able to assist nearly a hundred and fifty thousand individuals to purchase a home or refinance their home. We had a foreclosure prevention mechanism that helped a lot of homeowners who were having a little difficulty making payments in a tough economy keep their home. Over ten thousand small businesses were assisted and helped from our business and industry loan program

5- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says there are many opportunities for progress and accomplishment in 2013. (:33)

I think we need to continue to invest in this new pathway to prosperity, this new economy involving the expansion of broadband. The continued commitment to the bio-based economy with new bio-refineries coming on board. New bio-based product companies being assisted and helped from our business and industry loan program. Continued expansion of local and regional food systems focused on an export year that should be a record breaker. And making sure that we continue to promote conservation and link it to outdoor recreational opportunities

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]