USDA TV Feature June 30, 2010

Contact:Bob Ellison
USDA Office of Communications
(202) 720-4623

USDA BIOFUEL PLAN

A new USDA report provides a plan to achieve America’s renewable energy goals.

  YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVs14lhlVhM
A new TV feature is  available on the USDA FTP site
Filename: biofuels feature
Download instructions:
The host:  ftp://ocbmtcmedia.download.akamai.com.

User name: usdanews
Password:  Newscontent1

The new file is in QuickTime Movie(H.264, MPEG 4, MPEG 4 low res) and HDV format.
Please email bob.ellison@xxxxxxxx if you have problems or suggestions.
Also, use this free ftp client if you have problems.
http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type+client

FEATURE – USDA BIOFUEL PLAN

INTRO: A new USDA report provides a plan to achieve America’s renewable energy goals. The USDA’s Bob Ellison has more. (1:31)

THE U-S DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE REPORT HIGHLIGHTS CURRENT PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION CAPACITIES AS WELL AS PROJECTIONS TO MEET THE RENEWABLE FUELS STANDARDS MANDATE.  THAT MANDATE CALLS FOR THE USE OF THIRTY SIX BILLION GALLONS OF BIOFUEL PER YEAR IN AMERICA BY TWENTY TWENTY-TWO.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack:  We want to encourage through increased demand and opportunities that more ethanol will be produced for that demand to make sure that Detroit and other auto manufacturers are sensitive to the need to build more vehicles that are capable of using E-fifteen, E-eighty five, E-whatever so that we really have a promotion of the vehicles on the demand side, the distribution side and the production side.

VILSACK SAYS THE ETHANOL INDUSTRY HAS TO BECOME NATIONAL.

Vilsack: It’s an opportunity for us to make sure that the availability of ethanol is more readily available to folks in all parts of the country and all four corners of the country. So if you utilize the strengths of each region by creating bio-refineries then you’re going to provide better distribution.

VILSACK SAYS THE CURRENT STATE OF RENEWABLE ENERGY EFFORTS IN AMERICA AND GOVERNMENT STRATEGY IS TO INCREASE BIOFUEL USAGE.

Vilsack: Biofuels are certainly a very important component to removing our reliance on fossil fuels, on our dependence on foreign oil.

USDA’S REPORT IDENTIFIES NUMEROUS FEEDSTOCKS, PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, TECHNOLOGIES AND HIGH VALUE BYPRODUCTS FOR USE IN DEVELOPING BIOFUELS. IN WASHINGTON, D-C FOR THE U-S DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, I’M BOB ELLISON.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite]     [Hot Springs]     [Steve's Art]     [SB Lupus]     [FDA]     [NIH]     [NSF]     [STB]     [FAA]     [NTSB]     [Federal Register]