barebox on EFI bios and secure boot

Hi,

I use barebox to boot a linux kernel on an Intel atom based PC with an EFI bios and this just works.

Now I wanted to configure the bios to enable the secure boot mode: this means I tried to write some
EFI variables (db, dbx, KEK, PK); for this I used the efitools utils (efi-updatevar for example) but it didn't
worked: I always get an 'Invalid argument' error.

After some unsuccessful tries I booted the linux kernel directly from the bios, without barebox and in this
case the efi-updatevar tool worked as expected; so I suppose that starting barebox has some kind of effect
on the persistent store for the efi vars.

Does anyone have similar issues or a suggestion about what can be checked to fix this ???

thank you,

giorgio