Re: Documentation/boards/riscv.rst: can't rebuild image for BeagleV

Hello Antony,

On 11.03.24 12:50, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:
> Hello Antony,
>
> On 10.03.24 21:33, Antony Pavlov wrote:
>> Hi Ahmad!
>>
>> I have tried to rebuild barebox for BeagleV.
>> Alas I was unable to reproduce the steps from Documentation/boards/riscv.rst
>> because of changes in opensbi repo.

I just Cc'd[1] you on a documentation patch that describes how it needs
to be built now.

>> I have successfully rebuild U-Boot from the https://github.com/andreiw/uboot_jh7100 repo
>> and used it for running sbi-less BeagleV barebox image.
>>
>> I planned to use BeagleV for picotcp demonstration but BeagleV ethernet adapter
>> does not works neither under U-Boot nor under barebox. My dhcp server can't even
>> receive any request from BeagleV.
>>
>> Have we any chance to make BeagleV ethernet adapter works under barebox?
>
> I've been meaning to sync barebox with the kernel, now that there's upstream
> support for the JH7100. Ethernet on this SoC was a bit peculiar, because
> previous RISC-V SoCs were fully cache-coherent, but the MAC on this SoC wasn't.
>
> I got Ethernet to work though, so if it's broken now, it is a regression.
>
> I will try building an image when I have time.

Thanks to your report, I found a bug in my DMA coherency patches that made it
into v2024.02.0. I Cc'd[2] you on the fix. Ethernet works again now.

[1]: https://lore.barebox.org/barebox/20240322142441.982089-1-a.fatoum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#u
[2]: https://lore.barebox.org/barebox/20240322142424.981863-1-a.fatoum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#u

Cheers,
Ahmad