Re: change r2pro dts to public hw version (was "Board code with 2 dts" )

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 8:00 AM Oleksij Rempel <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The PHY id is hard coded, so we can find the datasheet:
> http://pdf.eepw.com.cn/i20090903/8d594ec98b62289dd0d3cd17fc8ffdd1.pdf
> Page 46:
> Ts3,
> - if TXPHASE_SEL=0, then clock is shifted by -0.65 ns
> - if TXPHASE_SEL=1, then clock is shifted by  1.35 ns

I do not think that is what they are saying.  Page 38,

TXPHASE_SEL  1: An intentional delay is added on GTX_CLK/ TXC (about
2ns delay in 1000BASE-T, and about 4ns delay in 100BASE-TX and
10BASE-T)

So they add 0 or 2 ns, which makes sense for internal delay added or not.

The table on page 46 is not clock shift, but the required setup time.
The sign is backward from how I would have expected it.  But if the
sign is inverted, then setup time + hold time is constant for both
values of clock delay, which is how it should be.  So when they say
-0.65 ns, what that means is TXD must be stable 0.65 ns before TXC
edge.  RGMII spec is that min setup time at receiver is 1.0 ns, but a
PHY can be better than the spec.  ~0.5 ns is typical.  If TXC is
delayed by 2 ns, then TXD can be stable 1.35 ns _after_ TCX edge and
this still meets the setup time of 0.65 ns.

> So, why mediatek,tx-delay-ps = <1530>? 1.5 is not enough for RGMII.
> In case of rgmii-rxid internal PHY clk skew will be -0.65 ns. Hard to say, if it is typo, but 1530 +
> 650ps will be 2180, which is enough for RGMII.

It doesn't make sense to me to add setup time to delay like that.  It
does produce a value that is the right range, but I think this is just
a coincidence.