Re: Bringup Barebox on imx8mm

On 6/14/19 9:11 AM, Andrey Smirnov wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:14 AM Yazdani, Reyhaneh
> <RYazdani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I am trying to bringup Barebox on i.MX8MM-evk.
>>
>> I have followed all the commits related to the i.MX8MQ and added proper files
>> and changes for i.MX8MM-evk board.
>>
>> The problem is Barebox stops at "ddrc_phy_wait_training_complete" function,
>> exactly at sub-function "ddrc_phy_get_message". The read-value from the
>>
>> phy + DDRC_PHY_REG(0xd0004) is not correct, and it remains in while loop.
>>
>> I used the ddr_init and ddrphy_train files produced from mscale_ddr_tool of NXP,
>> and even compared with the value from U-boot. All are similar.
>>
>> Does any body have an idea what would be the problem?
>>

> What about DDR PHY firmware? Is it the same as in working U-boot
> image? From what you describe it sounds that DDR PHY is not
> responding, so I am wondering if DDR firmware is running. Also, did
> you check that various memory offsets in, say
> arch/arm/mach-imx/include/mach/imx8-ddrc.h are valid for i.MX8MM and
> are not values that MQ specific? Another thing to debug this would be
> to trace all of the register reads/writes in working U-Boot vs Barebox
> and see what the difference is.
>
> Anyway, just my 2 cents.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrey Smirnov

Thanks Andrey.

I have read back all the DDR init writes and I am wonder the problem is related
to when the DDRC config starts (even before loading the Firmware). It seems DDRC
configuration is not applied, while when I read back the registers, the values
are all identical and not the one should be.

The point is, I still cannot find which configuration should be applied before
starting DDRC configuration. I have traced all registers r/w in Barebox and
U-boot, but no success.

Best,
Reyhaneh

--
Reyhaneh Yazdani
Data Modul AG                            TEL:    +49-89-56017-154

Vertrauliche E-Mail von / Confidential e-mail from: DATA MODUL AG
Vorstand / CEO: Dr. Florian Pesahl
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates / Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board: Kristin D. Russell
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: München
Registergericht / Registration Court: München Handelsregister B 85 591