state/bootchoser and sdhci/sdhost switchover

Hey,

I'm a bit clueless about using bootchooser/state (together with rauc) on raspberry pi.

Inside barebox itself, everything works fine. I defined a state backend inside the dt, and I can set/update/read values:

    state: state {
        magic = <0x4d433230>;
        compatible = "barebox,state";
        backend-type = "raw";
        backend = <&backend_state_sd>;
        backend-storage-type = "circular";
        backend-stridesize = <0x800>;
[...]
    };
&sdhci { // extended the original entry
        pinctrl-0 = <&emmc_gpio48>;
        no-sd;
        non-removable;
        status = "okay";
        partitions {
                compatible = "fixed-partitions";
                #size-cells = <1>;
                #address-cells = <1>;
                backend_state_sd: part@200000 {
                        label = "state_sd";
                        reg = <0x200000 0x200000>;
                };
        };
};

Linux uses &sdhost, barebox switched to &sdhci in ed5d970c16d14aa24edc20b8a096f230a398f7be as it has no driver for the sdhost interface. barebox-state doesn't find the storage, as expected:

# barebox-state
of_get_devicepath: cannot find device from node /soc/mmc@7e300000
state: state failed to parse path to backend: No such device
unable to initialize state: Unknown error -19

I would need some way to switch the backend for the state variable to the sdhost interface when it is copied into the device tree used for booting - or any other good proposal how to deal with the problem.

Best regards
Moritz