Re: [HELP] Barebox porting

17.01.2019, 16:28, "Sascha Hauer" <s.hauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> This is what barebox does by default.

Happy ya! Thanx :)

> PBL is for PreBootLoader. Yes, it's a self extracting image. During
> building of barebox a single barebox binary and one to many PBL images
> are built. Each PBL image is for one specific board. It's the PBL which
> actually knows the board type and it'll pass the device tree to the
> barebox binary to let it know which hardware it is running on. This is
> all done to build barebox for multiple boards in a single go.

Well, thanks a lot for such detailed explanation!

I was just trying to find the source of problems with SMSC 8720A (ethernet PHY) and IMX's USBOTG devices detection. They are mapped in my DTS in a pretty correct way (Linux detects them successfully), but are inaccessible from the running Barebox, though drivers for them are enabled in my defconfig... Maybe some specific configuration is needed?

BTW, am I right to suppose that all functions in `obj-y` marked as `initcall` and `exitcall` are invoked in the beginning and in the end of barebox main code respectively?

--
Yours sincerely,
Seraphim Dolbilov