Re: [HELP] Barebox porting

17.01.2019, 10:59, "Sascha Hauer" <s.hauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> You can have any devicetree by adding it to arch/arm/dts/Makefile:
>
> pbl-dtb-$(CONFIG_MACH_FREESCALE_MX51_PDK) += imx51-babbage.dtb.o
>
> Then add a declaration for it (replace beginning of filename with
> __dtb_, .dtb.o with _start and '-' with '_'):
>
> extern char __dtb_imx51_babbage_start[];
>
> And then you can use it. Use obj-dtb-$(CONFIG_MACH_FREESCALE_MX51_PDK)
> when you want to have it in the full barebox image rather than in the
> PBL.

In which cases do I need to link it to the full image?

Frankly speaking, I just want DT to be parsed by the bootloader (in order to detect such devices as USB, ethernet PHY, etc, and run their drivers) and then passed to Linux kernel (when boot command is invoked).
So all my questions about DT are coming from around this problem.

Reading Barebox's source code I found that `examle.dts` (e.g.) becomes `example.dtb`, then `example.dtb.o`, and is finally linked into PBL, being "catched" in lwl-code by `extern char __dtb_example_start[];` symbol. Then this symbol is used in `barebox_arm_entry()` function, etc... So I just want to know, why do we link DT into PBL, and what is PBL exactly, if not an self-unpacking-and-relocating image?

--
Yours sincerely,
Seraphim Dolbilov