Re: Porting to Marvell 88F5182?

On 2010/07/31 6:42 PM, Eric Bénard wrote:
Le 31/07/2010 18:05, Rogan Dawes a écrit :
But won't the second stage loader simply use the existing memory map? I
suppose I could tell it what it actually is, if it can't figure it out.
I'm a little surprised it doesn't "just work", because I am currently
booting using an old U-boot, chaining to a newly compiled U-Boot,
and it
"just works" (apart from the flash).

yes but the new u-boot has all the necessary low level access for your
hardware !

Well, the new U-Boot also skips the lowlevel init code, so . . .

what it skips is "only" sdram and pll setup, not serial drivers or timer
functions.

Eric

Ok, cool. Which is the simplest ARM board for me to use as a template?

I'm not much of a coder, more a "copy and paste monkey", I'm afraid, so I dunno how well I'll do :-) But I'm willing to give it a shot!

I've looked at the arch/arm/mach-s3c24xx directory, which *seems* to be the simplest (in terms of fewest files :-) ). Would this be a reasonable place to start?

Rogan