Re: Porting to Marvell 88F5182?

On 2010/07/31 2:36 PM, Eric Bénard wrote:
Hi Rogan,

Le 31/07/2010 13:21, Rogan Dawes a écrit :
Since I'd be chainloading barebox from the existing U-Boot, which does
support loadb and bootm, it probably makes the most sense initially to
just skip the lowlevel init, and build a minimal ARM second stage, and
wrap it in a u-boot image, I think.

I tried using the at91sam9263ek_defconfig, and unsetting
CONFIG_MACH_DO_LOWLEVEL_INIT.

that won't work : you don't have the same memory mapping so barebox has
little chance to be in ram on your platform and, even if it was in RAM
as soon as it will poll for the serial port tx empty bit, you will stay
blocked because your serial port is not the same as the at91sam9263.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Ok, that makes sense, I guess. So the bare minimum I absolutely have to do is set up the serial port.

But won't the second stage loader simply use the existing memory map? I suppose I could tell it what it actually is, if it can't figure it out. I'm a little surprised it doesn't "just work", because I am currently booting using an old U-boot, chaining to a newly compiled U-Boot, and it "just works" (apart from the flash).

Regards,

Rogan